Grant Keary’s practice includes representing healthcare clients in transactional and regulatory matters. Our healthcare clients include:
- Physician groups and organizations
- Emergency medical service providers
- Ancillary medical service providers servicing physicians and hospitals
Some of our areas of healthcare concentration include:
- Governance issues
- Healthcare and private equity
- Healthcare fraud and abuse
- Insurance reimbursement/payor contracting
- Mergers, acquisitions and business transactions
- Telemedicine and health information technology
- Privacy and security for healthcare providers
- Regulatory compliance
- Services for physicians
- Negotiating and enforcing managed care contracts, physician-hospital joint ventures and other services transactions
- Regulatory compliance, including fiduciary obligations of board members, senior management and highly compensated physicians
- Concerns about fraud and abuse, kickbacks and Stark law violations and HIPAA regulations
Health Care Transactions
Physician-Hospital Alignment: Our attorneys have a history of developing and implementing a wide range of Physician-Hospital Alignment (PHA) arrangements. We have been involved in developing co-management agreements, specialty on-call arrangements, physician service/medical director agreements, and physician/hospital joint venture transactions.
Joint Ventures and Partnerships: We understand the complex business transactions involved in forming and operating hospital-physician, physician-physician, ancillary care and other types of joint ventures and lease arrangements. We represent our clients in arrangements necessary to efficiently operate and manage their practices and their relationships with hospitals.
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A): We provide guidance and counsel on M&A transactions, including healthcare related issues which arise in connection with those transactions such as Stark, and federal and state anti-kickback statues, and other related laws.
Anti-Kickback and Self-Referral (Stark) Advice, Investigation, and Self-disclosure (SRDP): We provide services to our clients in connection with federal and state anti-kickback statutes and physician self-referral laws (Stark) compliance, including the implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
Telemedicine: We provide counsel on matters related to state licensure, telemedicine, scope